Welcome To My Wiki
Welcome to my personal wiki. I'm Mark Weiman from Ypsilanti, Michigan, United States and this is more of a public space for me to place my opinions of things.
This was inspired by Jonathan Gardner's wiki.
Tips and Tricks
I deal with several technologies on a day to day basis, so here is a list of some and my general opinions about them.
- C: Great language for when you just need to get something going that's fast.
- C++: Take all the good parts of C, then say fuck it and add crappy features that you must use.
- Go: A language where every feature feels like an afterthought and the compiler is just trash.
- Java: Bad language with an even worse implementation.
- LISP: Bad language because of extremism (like Java).
- perl: People seem to hate it for some reason. I think it's because they don't know what perl is best at.
- PHP: Great language for what it's used for, but will punish sloppy programmers.
- Python: Great all around language that's extremely versitile.
- R: It's R.
- Ruby: Every time I look at Ruby code, I just go running.
- Arch Linux: Best OS around!
- Debian: Great stability, usable, but crappy package manager.
- FreeBSD: I like it for the most part, but I would like more "Archness" in it (pacman is great).
- macOS: Over-glorified garbage.
- PacBSD: An incomplete mess. I would know, I'm one of the developers.
- Ubuntu: Take Debian and make it a complete mess.
- Windows: Only useful for video games.
- apt/dpkg: Complicated and cumbersome packaging system.
- Docker: Overhyped and overused.
- pacman/libalpm: Best package manager around.
Arch Linux Based
- PacBSD: A FreeBSD distribution that uses pacman as its package manager.
- php-alpm: A PHP extension (in C) to use libalpm.
- repoweb: A PHP web application for management of pacman repositories.
- Jim: A discord bot for servers I can convince people to use him on.